Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 2- The Last Supper

Today is Tuesday, January 19, 2010 and day 2 of the HCG diet. This is my second "loading day" and boy did I take advantage of it. My day started around 9:50 (I LOVE sleeping late). I took my HCG drops as soon as I got up. I weighed myself first thing as well and I was at 140 lbs. I actaully went down 1 pound since yesterday, which is not typical. It is very normal to gain a few pounds in the first 2 days of HCG. I expect my weight to be up a little tomorrow morning though. I felt really excited this morning, and I am ready to start eating healthy. This is the last day to splurge!!! By the way, my starting pants size is 10. I hope to get down to a 6!!!




My day of eating went as follows:



  • 9:52 AM round 1 of drops (I didn't get up early enough for breakfast today)

  • 11:00 AM Taco Tuesday at Rosas with my dad. I had 1 crispy beef taco, 1 chicken fajita burrito with queso, rice, beans, and 1 tortilla with honey, and my coveted DIET COKE!!


  • 12:00 PM I took my 2nd round of drops, I took them 30 mins after my meal this time which is also acceptable


  • 3:00 Starbucks snack attack... Venti caramel macchiato, 3 mini sparkle doughnuts (I feel like I am breaking every rule in my dieting moral code... HELP!) I also purchased the Starbucks VIA coffee packets which will be great during my 23 days because they are coffee on the go, just mix with warm (or cold) water and wa-la!

  • 7:45 last of my drops for the night


  • 8:15 PM Schlotzky's small origional sandwich, sour cream and onion chips, large Dr. Pepper (by this point it is becoming hard for me to allow myself to eat all this "bad" stuff when I want to lose weight, but loading is SOOOO important so make sure you really do it. While at Schlotzky's, why not also purchase a Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll for later. This thing is HUGE and has well over 1200 calories. I am eating it as I type, but I won't be able to finish it.


  • 10:00 PM 1 glass of champagne, chowing on my cinnamon roll, and a large glass of milk. Goodbye 2% milk, you will be missed.

WOW! Can you say Piggy! Just remember, loading is just as important as the rest of the plan. Loading will help you to overcome those first few hunger attacks.


When I arrived home, it was time to prep my lunch for tomorrow. If you're anything like me, you sleep until the last possible moment, then are in a rush to get out the door for work. I have my entire lunch and 2 fruit snacks ready to go stacked up in the fridge so all I have to do is grab and go! This way there is no questions about what's for lunch.





I had 7 oz. of chicken breast so I placed that in a pan with a small amount of water in the bottom and turned the heat on medium. I sprinkled heavily with pepper, then added salt, garlic salt, and onion powder. I flipped the chicken several times and seasoned both sides. Add more water when all the water evaporates and cooks off. Toward the end I poured a small amount of balsamic vinegar on the chicken to moisten it. Then I cut it into small pieces for a lettuce wrap tomorrow. I was shocked at how much 3.5 oz looked. I sepereated the 7 oz. of meat into 2 pyrex bowls so I now have a protein put away for another meal. I can not stress to you how important planning ahead will be for you and how much easier it will make your life. I sampled my cooked chicken and it was tasty. It was not bland, but had good flavor. (You could use a dipping sauce if you like such as soy sauce, mustard, or salsa!) I recomend that everyone should buy a food scale to measure your proteins and vegetables. I got mine at Wal-Mart, nothing fancy for about $9!




On a side note, I am missing the gym already. I love to go to classes at the gym... power, step, stuff like that. You are not supposed to work out on the HCG diet because you are already burning more calories than you are consuming. I will be anxious to get back to Bodyworks at the end of my 23 day diet.


I went to the grocery store tonight to get food for the week. I will be able to cook all of the meals for the next 5 days and then some with everything that I bought. The great part about it is that I only spent $29 and got all healthy foods. Have you ever been able to eat for a week on $29??? Think of how great you will look and how much money you will save! BONUS!!! Here's what I got...



  • 2 grapefruit (on the diet 1 serving is 1/2 the grapefruit)


  • package broccoli

  • package cauliflower

  • asparagus bunch


  • 96/4 lean ground beef


  • frozen baby shrimp (enough for several servings)


  • low sodium soy sauce (get this kind or organic)


  • Mrs. Dash's lemon pepper seasoning


  • 1 green bell pepper


  • 2 lemons

  • 4 limes


  • melba toast garlic rounds (you can have 2 of the rounds with lunch and dinner, 25 calories)
Tomorrow is the BIG day. Several people have said the first 2 days of eating the 500 calories are hard then after that your body adjusts so I imagine I will struggle some tomorrow, but my excitement and dedication will take me far! Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment