Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 1- January 18, 2010


Day 1 & 2 on the HCG diet are called "Loading Days." On these 2 days you will start taking 10 HCG drops under your tongue 3 times a day to start introducing the hormone into your body. On these 2 days it is very important to eat a lot of food and to take in calories so that your body will have plenty of stored calories. I have been told to take full advantage of this time because the more advantage you take of your "loading" days, the less hungry you will be while your body adjusts to eating less food. I also take these 2 days to consume some of my favorite foods, sort of like a "see you soon" to your favorite craving foods.

Also on day one it is very important to record not only your starting weight, but also your measurements. It is a great idea to measure yourself once a week because even on days where you don't lose on the scale, you will have great results in inches lost. and you know what that means... GOING DOWN IN CLOTHES SIZE!!! I also feel like it is very important on these days to make a grocery list and a weekly meal plan. I've always been told, "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL." For me the biggest key to weight loss success is planning. Plan out meal options, and variety or you might suffer eating boredom. Be creative with your meals and the whole process will be quite painless.

I prepared a vegetable soup in bulk to have in my fridge that I can use as my vegetable serving, and I also made homemade salsa for the week to use as a dipping sauce and salad topper. If I am ever in a hurry, I already have meal options ready to go, so there's no excuses to cheat or fail.

Cabbage Soup
1 package shredded cabbage 100 calories
3 green onions chopped 10 calories
3 celery stalks chopped 10 calories
1/2 onion, I left it in larger chunks 10 calories
1 beef bouillon cube 30 caolries
water
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Add salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, and any other seasoning you want as long as it has no sugar, calories, or MSG

The soup has a total of 160 calories, but it made a HUGE pot that I will be able to divide into about 18 servings.

Salsa
2 large tomatoes
2 jalapenos
(I put these 4 ingredients on the grill to soften)
chopped onion
seasoning
Put everything in a blender with a tiny bit of water and blend well.



My starting measurements/weight:
141 lbs
waist- 29 in., hips- 37 in., thigh- 22.5 in., stomach- 31.3 in., chest- 35.25 in., bicep- 11.5 in.

My first day on HCG went as follows: Day 1, Loading Day
9:42 AM- took my first set of HCG drops, I place 10 drops under my tongue and hold for 1 minute, this will tingle, that is normal

10:15 AM- Taco Villa french toast sticks (haven't had those in forever!!!) 1 hashbrown, Dr. Pepper

11:30 AM- Round 2 of HCG drops

12:00 PM- Lunch, homemade chicken pot pie, orange jello with cool-whip, one blueberry muffin, iced tea

5:00 PM- Last round of HCG drops for the day

5:30 PM- Dinner, pork tenderloin with BBQ sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans, 1 1/2 dinner rolls, iced tea, and apple cobbler for dessert

7:30 PM- Starbucks Grande Mocha

Now that's what I call a loading day!

There are a couple of key things you will need to get started and make the HCG diet easier for you.
1) Stevia sweetner, use this in your coffee, tea, to sweeten your fruit, etc...
2) B12 for energy, potassium, and magnesium vitamins daily
3) Seasonings that have 0 calories, no sugar or MSG, Mrs. Dash's makes a lot of good ones
4) Organic soy sauce, mustard, balsamic vinegar
5) Coffee and teas, I like Tazo Teas (available at the grocery store) or Starbucks makes a variety of teas hot and cold. Black tea is my favorite served on ice or hot with 1/2 stevia packet in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment