Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 11: Half way there

Thursday 1-28-10

This post is full of pictures so get ready!

Today I started taking the drops again after being off of them for 4 days due to my period. I was glad to start them up again because I did feel more hungry when not taking them. If this happens to you, you could stop the drops just for day 1 and 2 of your period then get back on them for the last few days. My weight this morning was 132 pounds, for a total loss of 9 pounds in 10 days. Lately it seems like I have a day where I don't lose, then the next day I lose 1 pound. Every other day is like a plateau for me.

9:10 AM -drops

10 AM- Starbucks coffee with liquid vanilla stevia.

12:30 PM - more coffee (it was snowing, what better to drink)

1:30 PM - McCalister's Deli, I ordered the grilled chicken salad, no cheese, bacon, or croutons (it only had lettuce, cucumber, and chicken.) I didn't put any dressing on it, just salt and pepper. I had a large iced tea also.
2:30 -drops
6:15 PM- drops
6:45 PM- 96/4 lean ground beef patty with soy sauce, mushrooms and onions in the same pan, steamed (then pan cooked) asparagus with seasoning, 2 melba toast rounds
8:30 PM - 6 strawberries cut into small pieces
Here's what my dinner plate looked like.....

And here is my husband's plate... we cooked together just in seperate pans and both seasoned ours how we like it, just wanted to show everyone how you can still cook for a spouse or others just modify yours to fit your plan. I know a lot of people were worried about that.


It was time for me to get back to the grocery store to stock back up on all my foods. I had got away from cooking at home and that was getting hard so I was ready to start back. Here is what I got for the next week and a half:
  1. 96/4 lean ground beef
  2. chicken breast
  3. frozen cooked shrimp, large size
  4. 3 eye of round steaks, thin enough to pan cook
  5. 1 bison steak (buffalo is a really lean meat, great for you too!)
  6. fresh asparagus
  7. 2 zucchini
  8. mushrooms, fresh, sliced and packaged
  9. 2 apples
  10. 2 oranges
  11. 2 grapefruit
  12. strawberries
  13. steamer bags..... Pictures below




    I am pretty excited to try this bison steak. It has fewer calories than other steak cuts and it looks really good.


    Here are a few of my favorite meals I have had so far on this diet:
  • lean ground beef patty with mushrooms and onions
  • shrimp and asparagus
  • shrimp, broccoli, and lemon juice all cooked in a steamer bag
  • lobster tail
  • scallops with organic soy sauce

    I only have 12 days left on the HCG and the time really has flown by. My second week on the diet I have definently lost weight slower than the first week which makes sense. If you get to a point in the last week that you are not losing anymore, your body might just be at it's limit for the time being. If that happens it is good to finish the diet, stay off for 3 weeks, then go back on for another 23 days and you will see more losses! Good luck to all my friends and family who are starting HCG this week. You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment